Sunday, January 19

Sluggish

I said this would be a daily blog, and I do not intend on purposefully breaking that promise. However, for some reason today has me in an off mood where anything but sleeping turns into wasted time. Whether it be the swim meet i partook in yesterday or the swim meet I coached today, I'm uncertain, but this post isn't going to be my standard, pensive post. Rather, I'm just going to list a couple of ideas for future posts and see what happens from there. If you have any input on these topics, or would like to suggest future topics, may all three of you please put your comments below and I will respond to them as soon as I see them. 

-Sports as the greatest means of US social mobility, especially considering the high profile they have in the country. Also, the risks of violence (especially concussions today) and how it affects a player's livelihood, with such terrible family situations that make the risk worth it to earn a better life.

-Rap as the modern equivalent of poetry, and how the inherent nature of the two art forms displays clear societal differences over time.

-The odd significance pictures have taken in the age of smartphones, and how that urge to share takes away from the experience of the present.

Hopefully I will have those written for you by the end of the week should my finals be merciful or I just need a break from studying, with the latter being the most likely. A friend of mine is traveling with me into DC for a 76ers v. Wizards game tomorrow, so that post will be based somewhat on an observance there. Happy Martin Luther King day!

No comments:

Post a Comment