Wednesday, January 15

Motivation

This is the struggle. The overload of schoolwork, the obligation of work-work, the commitment to swimming work(outs). The 6 AM mornings and 4AM nights. Combine all of this with a general feeling of total apathy and the package you receive is none other than 2013's edition of yours... honestly.

So I took a few months disregarding the stresses of life and laid back for a bit. Bare minimums and lots of sleep were definitely thrilling in the short term, and the change of pace was especially enjoyable. But now it's back to the days of deadlines, stressors, and stimulants necessary to press on (I'm looking at you, coffee!). It was all worth it to let myself cool down and observe what was going on around me and why these stresses became so cumbersome. The D+ in lit will work itself out eventually.

Going back to the word (and throwing a couple more characters on the screen so your click wasn't a complete waste of time), my motivation to write, and do anything in general, began to wane around October. The mythical "senioritis" was floating around and, while most were trying their best to fight it off as they were told, I seized the title and lived up to it. Granted, I was initially trying in school, up until the real work was liberated from the universally understood transition period of August education. So motivation vanished; the winter SADness gradually took me and the 6:30 wake-up of weekday swim practice didn't help matters. Schoolwork went from "I need to get that done" to "I can deal with letting that slide". TV became a powerful facilitator of my couldn't care-less attitude. Fortunately the sun is coming out a bit brighter and I realized I can't let myself fall into total disrepair, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

But I'm back, whether you like me or not. I'm already an open book in reality, however unwillingly. I might as well let that shine virtually as well. So be ready for the second trilogy of my musings, should my motivation to blog last that long. But then again I have physics homework I should really get to...

[On a side note, I'd like to give a wholehearted thank you to the non-denominational spiritual presence that allowed the concept of spell-check to be widely accepted electronically. Those reading this should be thankful too, without it this submission would border on the unreadable, similarly to my handwriting.]


No comments:

Post a Comment